Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait… sometimes it feels like that’s all I do.
I don’t think I mentioned it here, but I went for the oncologist-ordered sonogram on 5/14. The sonogram showed, of course, the cysts that have been there for some time. I just got the results from the oncologist and the results are: there are no results.
He wants me to wait 6-8 weeks and go for another sonogram so he can see what was cysts and what may have been follicles that resolved with ovulation. I was on day 8 of my cycle at the time I had the sonogram, so it’s a pretty good bet that there was a follicle there amongst the cysts.
The good thing, I guess, is that it took so long for him to get back to me with the results that, at this point, it’s 3-5 weeks until the next sonogram. Still, it’s annoying, all this waiting.
I’m moving ahead with the test’s with the new RE finally, though, so that’s something. I have the hysteroscopy scheduled for next Wednesday, along with one of two semen analyses Scott needs to have done. The blood work will be this Wednesday.
I’m really hoping that everything works out with the oncologist and he gives the go ahead for me to start another IVF cycle in late July. If things don’t work out with the oncologist, I suppose we’ll start thinking about donor eggs.