This week’s Ten On Tuesday theme is 10 Things You Want But Can’t Afford, but I agree with Carole that this is a depressing theme. We’re kind of broke right now, so I’m trying to think about what we have and not what we don’t. The latter is a great big list, but the former is a pretty big list on its own. Broke or not, we’re pretty fortunate around here, so I don’t want to dwell on material goods* that I lust after.
So instead, I’m following Carole’s lead and going, instead, with a theme of 10 Things You Love About Fall:
- The crisp weather and chill breezes. I dream about this all through the summer heat.
- The glorious colors.
- The whirr of wings as geese fly overhead while taking a walk at dusk. It always makes me stop to watch them fly by.
- Samhain, which is my second favorite holiday after Mabon.
- Apple picking.
- The beginning of soup and stew season.
- Autumn veggies like butternut squash and broccoli and brussels sprouts.
- Pumpkin picking and carving.
- The endless amusement I get watching the cats as the wind blows the leaves around outside and they try to leap at them through the window.
- The bginning of knits season.
* The number 1 thing on a list of that theme would actually have been unlimited IVF attempts and number two would have been donor eggs, but the rest would have been material things.